Native American Home Loans – HUD 184
What is HUD 184?
In 1992, Congress established the Section 184 Indian Housing Loan Guarantee Program, also referred to as the HUD 184 Home Loan Program (Native American Home Loans). This unique program offers home ownership and housing rehabilitation opportunities for eligible Native American individuals, families and tribes.
What you need to qualify:
- You must be an active Member of a Federally recognized Tribe
- Responsible Credit History
- No Bankruptcy in the past 2 years
- No Foreclosure or Shortsale in the past 3 years
- Call or email for more detailed information
Why Choose the HUD 184 Home Loan Program?
The HUD 184 Native American Home Loan Program has several features that make it easier for Native Americans to obtain home loans. Some of these features include:
- Low Down Payments and Closing Costs – This program requires a minimum down payment of 2.25%. (Compared to FHA – 3.5% -or- Conventional – 5% with Mortgage Insurance).
- There gaurantee Fee is 1.5% Financed up-front (in the loan), while FHA requires 1.75% up-front mortgage insurance
- No Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) – Unlike FHA and Conventional programs, the HUD 184 program has a very small monthly MI payment of .25, that does get removed at 78% loan to value.
- Competitive Interest Rates – The program offers 15 year and 30 year fixed rate loan with NO PREPAYMENT PENALTIES. Rates are competitive and there’s no need to worry about sudden jumps in interest rates with variable rate loans.
- Ability to finance homes on fee simple land or tribal-trust land – Typical programs will only finance loans on fee simple land. HUD 184 allows for properties located on native trust land and fee simple land in approved areas.
- Multiple Options – The HUD 184 program can be used forrefinances, purchases on an existing home or new home construction. The loan applies to traditional frame built homes, modular homes and manufactured homes.
What Makes the HUD 184 Home Loan Program Different?
HUD 184 Native American Home Loans are different from conventional loan programs offered by large banking institutions and mortgage lenders. In fact, most of those institutions don’t even know about the program. Currently there are less than 10 lenders in California that offer this program and ACC Temecula Home Loans is one of them.
There are some basic criteria needed to qualify for a HUD 184 Home Loan however the program makes generous allowances for lack of credit history, past credit problems, or other unusual circumstances that don’t fit within the normal lending parameters.
Compare the Savings
See firsthand how Native American Home Loans can save you thousands of dollars over an FHA or conventional loan.
The low cost of the HUD 184 Home Loan allows buyers to pay less out of pocket expenses and lower monthly payments. The HUD 184 loan i assumable by another qualifying Native American, whch is unique to home loans these days.
ACC Temecula Home Loans specializes in the HUD 184 Native American Home Loans. If you’d like more information about this loan program or other loan programs we offer, please give us a call today at 951.225.6900 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Borrowers
HUD 184 Loan Limits